We tried to answer the most common questions here. If you still have unanswered questions, please contact us.
- How much does ZipperCMS cost?
- How does payment work?
- How do you convert one design into an entire website?
- Does my design have to be in Photoshop? What if I send you the HTML/CSS?
- How long does it take after I send you the Photoshop File and initial payment?
- Do you have to host the site?
- What if I want to change my design in the near future?
- Can you work with my clients for me on using the CMS?
- How does training work?
1. How much does ZipperCMS cost?
The latest pricing can be found on our pricing page.
A final price is determined by simply adding up the costs on the pricing page and estimating any hourly additions (if any). This final price is typically determined with the help of a Zipper project manager.
2. How does payment work?
After any final price is determined, we ask for 50% of that price to begin work. We then invoice for the remainder upon completion of the site build and any partner training.
If hourly costs are estimated, we ask for 50% of the LOW end of that estimate, with the rest invoiced upon completion.
3. How do you convert one design into an entire website?
Our websites are based on Design Templates. Once this Design Template is created, you can add the pages and content to the site using the CMS.
The CMS will make all new pages and content look like your design based on the template.
A site can have any number of templates. For example, a default template might have two columns with a white background, but you might want another template with a dark background and an extra navigation bar.
The base pricing includes the programming of one Design Template, and further templates can be added at our hourly rate.
4. Does my design have to be in Photoshop? What if I send you the HTML/CSS?
Designs can be sent in other mediums (like Illustrator, or even JPGs), but we will charge hourly to convert that design into a working Photoshop File.
Typically we will generate all HTML/CSS based on your design. But we can also take HTML/CSS layouts and mimic the code as much as possible when building the site.
5. How long does it take after I send you the Photoshop File and initial payment?
In order to begin work, we need the following:
- A Photoshop file that meets our design specifications.
- 50% of the upfront payment.
After these are received, it takes us 5 business days to complete the site build for the initial design template.
Additional templates and custom work can extend the time. A complete timeline can be provided with the cost estimate.
Rush jobs are possible and will have to be discussed with your Project Manager.
6. Do you have to host the site?
Yes, as of now Zipper has to host the site on our servers. Hosting sites enables us to deliver programming, support, and upgrades in a fashion that keeps our pricing very competitive.
We employ state of the art server technology that is managed 24/7, with uptime typically exceeding 99.9%.
We are working on a hosted solution that partners will be able to deploy on servers of their choice, with a considerably higher cost structure. Sign up for our newsletter to stay posted.
7. What if I want to change my design in the near future?
Future design changes are charged hourly. Because the site has already been built into the CMS, changes to a site design can typically be done very economically.
8. Can you work with my clients for me on using the CMS?
Typically, our commitment is to training our partners. If a partner wishes for their client to use the CMS, they will be responsible for that training.
However, we can be available to do training for clients on our hourly rate. If you wish to keep ZipperCMS hidden from your client we can even do the training under the umbrella of your company.
9. How does training work?
We are committed to taking as much time as necessary to train our partners so they are equipped and comfortable populating the site and working with their clients.
Our partners can then train their clients to use the CMS if they wish. We provide them with online help, video tutorials, manuals, and FAQs to assist in this process.